Dan and I got away (with Drake) for a long weekend in mid May. Sylvia and Eric spent time with both sets of grandparents while we attended the wedding of our friends, Yuani and Karen, out in Colorado. Dan and Thad were in the wedding party and drove out on Wednesday. Katelyn, Drake and I caught up with them via airplane on Thursday evening. The boys spent Friday climbing and shooting guns before the rehearsal dinner. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding followed by a fun reception filled with good food and dancing. The five of us drove home after the gift opening on Sunday and got back around 2:00am Monday morning. Dan, Thad, Yuani and I were all in high school youth group together and the guys have all been in each other's weddings. We're so thankful for these friendships and know they will last a lifetime.
Enjoying some Mexican food at the rehearsal dinner.
The church had a beautiful view of Mt. Sopris.
Yuani, Thad and Dan watching as Karen walked down the aisle.
Our friend, Adam, was the pastor at the wedding. He is a youth group friend, attended Iowa State with us and was a groomsmen in our wedding.
The newlyweds
Drake fell asleep during the wedding while I paced around in the back. So thankful I was able to stick around and watch the whole wedding.
Dan and his besties at the reception.
No comments:
Post a Comment