It has been many years since I have been at Adventureland and this time around I spend most of my time on kiddy rides. There are not many rides that an 8 month old can ride but we enjoyed the few she could ride.
We started the day on a a small ferris wheel. Sylvia was not allowed to sit on my lap and instead had to sit next to me...until she worked her way up on my lap anyway. I figure it was just as safe if not safer.
We then moved on to the train ride around the park. Even Great Nana Hoefer rode this one with us. This is my cousin(-in-law), Emily with us.
Sylvia napped for more than an hour in her stroller at the park. This was unexpected because she doesn't usually sleep well outside of a crib. After her nap, the family enjoyed a lunch of McDonald's double cheese burgers & chicken sandwiches and peanut butter and jelly. We had different lunch plans, but in a vehicle and the keys to that vehicle were on there way to the airport in another car. After lunch, Sylvia went to the circus with Grandma and a few of her cousins while Evan (my oldest nephew) and I enjoyed The Outlaw and The Log Ride.
Sylvia's favorite ride was the semis. She even held on to the steering wheel most of the time. I took the videos myself while on the rides with Sylvia so I apologize ahead of time. I actually think they turned out pretty good considering the circumstances.
Before leaving the park we took a quick turn on the carousel. Sylvia was getting tired by this point but again knew to hold onto the poll.

I'm looking forward to returning to Adventurland when Sylvia is a little older and daddy can go with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment