Friday, June 20, 2008
My Sick Baby
Sylvia got her third tooth the other day. She had been a little fussy and was chewing on everything but nothing else. However, yesterday morning she woke up and felt warm. After her early morning nap, I took her temperature after and it was 103.5. I quickly called the doctor and got an appointment for 7:30pm. As Sylvia snuggled on my lap and didn't show any interest in playing, I decided I couldn't wait 9 hours for a doctor's appointment. I called back and got one at 3:20 with another doctor who is a friend from church. Her first two teeth just popped through one day with no complaints from Sylvia so this seemed a lot different. Not much changed prior to the appointment...lots of sleeping and lying around. After checking her out, the doctor thought it was probably just teeth but he took a urine sample just to check. (She didn't have to pee in a cup...they just taped this little bag to her). It turns out that she has a bladder infection. She'll be on antibiotics for 10 days. Last night we gave her the antibiotics, fed her, and then gave her some Advil before bed. She was talking in her crib so I went in and got her. She immediately threw up all over me. Poor little girl. She had a fever again today (104.2) but it went down quickly with the Tylenol and Advil rotation she's on. She even felt well enough to play a little today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Foods
- pineapple
- spinich
- yogurt
- cottage cheese
- chicken
- turkey
- cheese
- pinto beans
- puffs
- baby mum mum
- applesause
- acorn squash
- butternut squash
- zucchini
- pears
- black beans
- yellow squash
- green beans
- peas
- banana
- carrots
- sweet potatoes
About Me
Sylvia's Nick Names
- Dilbie
- Peanut Pie
- Honey Bee
- Booger Boo
- Bumbles
- Pumpkin
- Sylvie Bilvie
- Peanut
- Ba
- Button
- Pork Chop
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Toothy
- Silvie B
- Scooter
- Munchkin
- Baby Girl
- Missy
- Fidget
- Miss Silvie
- Dramatic Chipmunk
- Puddin' Pop
No comments:
Post a Comment