Sunday, June 8, 2008

Making Baby Food

This may not be interesting to all of you (there are no pictures of Sylvia), but I thought I'd post a picture tutorial on making baby food. We started Sylvia on sweet potatoes this week. I was surprised at how easy it was. Carrots and asparagus will be next. I'm going to try steaming them and giving them to her whole.

Cook for 5 minutes,flipping once.


Cut in half and scoop out insides.


PureƩ in blender, food procesor, or food grinder.


Add water, formula, or breast milk to liquify.


Mix up and feed to baby. I also froze quite a few servings in ice cube trays for later.

1 comment:

Jill Pennington said...

Yay...I finally found someone else crazy enough to make their own baby food. We made all of Abbie's and will probably do it again with Jonah. I think it has made her a much less picky eater. We just made a ton at a time and froze them, it worked well.

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop