We sang this song at church on Sunday, and although I can't help but cry when I hear the words they also bring such comfort.
I Have a Shelter
I have a shelter in the storm
When troubles pour upon me
Though fears are rising like a flood
My soul can rest securely
O Jesus, I will hide in You
My place of peace and solace
No trial is deeper than Your love
That comforts all my sorrows
I have a shelter in the storm
When all my sins accuse me
Though justice charges me with guilt
Your grace will not refuse me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
Who bore my condemnation
I find my refuge in Your wounds
For there I find salvation
I have a shelter in the storm
When constant winds would break me
For in my weakness, I have learned
Your strength will not forsake me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
The One who bears my burdens
With faithful hands that cannot fail
You’ll bring me home to heaven
2 comments:
Laura, Jill just sent me the link to your blog. I have read your diary of your flood experience. We are in Oregon on vacation right now which is good but very hard being away from Iowa City during this time. We have stayed abreast of the situation via internet and phone calls. When we get home we will be willing to help wherever needed. Keep us on your list of people to call when you need help.
Marnee'
Laura, Dan, and sweet Sylvia,
We love you guys. As soon as you get access to your house, all the Hoefers will be there to help you clean up. In the meantime, we pray for you every day. As you know, we are in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Georgia, and Argentina, yet our hearts are with you!
Post a Comment