Thursday, May 3, 2012

When do the Easter eggs dye?

I recently hung a classroom type calendar at Sylvia's level so she could begin keeping track of when holidays and special events take place. She loves to ask what day it is and count to the next big event. As Easter approached, she was excited to eat peeps and dye eggs. She even asked me, "When do the Easter eggs dye?" I forgot to buy an egg dye kit this year, so I checked online and found out you can use food coloring. We went that route and probably will again in the future.

The kids got the eggs ready with crayons and stickers.



Waiting for the eggs to change colors was the hardest part. You may notice I am holding Eric back from sticking his hands in the cup.

These are my favorites!

1 comment:

VirginiaBroffitt said...

I like that you're using coffee mugs to dye the eggs. I know who won that discussion... :-)

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop