Friday, November 11, 2011

Goodbye Paci

Sylvia has always loved her paci. She used one quite a bit longer than I would have anticipated allowing her to. I guess I let it go on because she only used it at nap and nighttime and willingly gave it up when she awoke. However, she started to lose it at night and would come into our room asking me to come find it for her. That got old quickly. She and Eric were going to start sharing a room at the new house, and I didn't want her coming in and out of her room multiple times a night. Plus, I figured I'd be getting up enough at night with the new baby. I didn't need to be hunting for a pacifier as well. Shortly before moving, I talked to Sylvia about getting rid of her paci. I made sure that she knew they would be permanently gone but told her that we could go to the store and "buy" something with them. She agreed and later that day we headed out to run some errands. I was planning to take her to Target but was uncertain how much money I wanted to spend on this paci exchange. I didn't really want to tell her "no" to something since this was going to be a little difficult for her. While driving, I asked Sylvia if she wanted to buy a game or a toy. She responded that she wanted a toy and shortly after said she wanted a vacuum. On the way to Target, I planned to stop at Goodwill for a couple of things. We usually swing through the toy aisle while there. I couldn't believe it when Sylvia came around the corner pushing a little vacuum. I was more than willing to spend $2.37. When we got up to the counter, I had Sylvia put the vacuum up and then give the man her pacis. He looked at me, and I whispered/mouthed, "Can you throw them away please?" Then I put the rest of my things up and paid for all of our purchases. It all went more smoothly than I had expected. She did ask Dan for a paci the next time he put her to bed but was fine when he told her they were all gone. I guess it was worth a try.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Love those paci smiles!!! Lilly gave her's up at about the age Sylvia was and she never looked back. I was really glad b/c the dentist was all over me!!!

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop