Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Feeding the Ducks

Sylvia and I went for a walk in City Park this afternoon and fed the ducks. She loved chasing after them with her piece of bread. After getting a piece of bread from me, She would pick out a duck and follow it until it flew away or went into the river. It took some convincing to get her to throw her bread to the ducks.


She also needed reminding a couple of times that the bread was for the ducks...not for her to eat.


I honestly think she would have walked right into the river if I'd let her. She always signs the word please when we walk by it on walks.


I think we'll be frequenting the park this summer as it is a good way to get out of the house for a short time. The rides were up and running today and I'm glad Sylvia didn't take too much notice of them because I didn't bring any money with me.


This video captures it all...trying to eat the bread herself, picking a duck and following it around, and finally throwing her bread.

2 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Such a little girl now for sure!

What an army of ducks!

codi said...

She is really, really adorable!

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop