Thursday, July 26, 2012

owl babies

Our new yard has been full of wildlife this spring.  We've got the regular birds, squirrels, bunnies and chipmunks.  I already mentioned our spring robins and baby bunnies.  We also had baby owls in the neighborhood.  I'd spotted one here or there a few times.  One night they were loudly screeching so Dan took Sylvia outside and we ended up getting to see all three of them.  We weren't sure if Eric would stay quiet so he and I joined them after they had a chance to look on their own.

Dan pointing out the owl in the tree and the one on the fence.

I guess we got too close to this one and he flew away.

I wasn't able to get a picture of all of them together.  The third one was in another tree in the neighbor's yard.

Sylvia showing the owls in the tree to Eric.

I spotted this one earlier in the week.

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop