Tuesday, September 6, 2011

18 Month Erickson

This boy is such a joy...and a handful. Erickson has now been a part of our family for 18 months.

I love and want to remember...

how easy he is to put to sleep at nap and night.
getting lots of hugs and kisses...especially after diaper changes.
the look on his face when we try feeding him something he doesn't want.
his determination...to get into small places and climb everything.
how he learns through doing.
how he wants to do what Sylvia is doing.
how much he likes to be outside.
his smile and laugh.
listening to daddy play with him in bed.
how he runs back and forth in his crib.
all the new words he's learning and how he says them over and over and over again.
how he held his hands up in the air when learning how to walk...and after.
watching him learn games and songs like pat-a-cake and tick-tock.
how he started scooting around at such a young age and would get himself off of his play mat.
how he quit "playing" at night the day Dan was going to start staying up with him.

I'm sure there are so many things I'm missing but I wanted to write down at least a few.

Posing with E.J., the dog Sylvia made him when he was born. I love how he's playing with his belly button.

Playing Sylvia's harmonica.
Falling asleep during lunch the week of swimming lessons.
I don't sneak in to peek on him too often but every once in awhile I can't resist.
Signing "sit" after being told multiple times to sit down while in the water table.

No comments:

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop