Thank you all so much for your help and for being "God's Hands at Work."
These pictures show the house after the mudding and taping was done but before we painted. We need one more coat of paint in our bedroom and then we're done painting. The remaining work that we (I should say Dan) are doing ourselves is...
1. Hanging kitchen cabinets & installing the counter top and sinks
2. Installing bamboo floors in the family room
3. Tiling the entryway and kitchen
4. Hanging interior doors, closet doors, and trim
The plumber installed our water heater and is going to do some work on the 2nd bathroom. The electricians should be there tomorrow to finish up and get our power turned back on. We've been using temporary power since shortly after the flood. Our carpet is ordered and will be installed as soon as we're ready for it. We have a couple of estimates for furnace and air. I'm sure there are things missing from my what-needs-to-be-done lists but things are progressing.
Here's a quick tour of the place. I'm going to label these pictures because the whole place looks the same and you wouldn't know which room you're looking at. Our small group Bible study has helped us out a ton as well. You can see a few of them in these pictures.
Living Room

Sylvia's Room

Guest Room (I just bought a daybed with a trundle that pops up and makes a king from craigslist. I am so excited about this bed because I wanted one but I didn't even know if they existed and then I found one for pretty cheap on craigslist. I am addicted to craigslist.)

Our Room

Family Room

Kitchen

Garage

Here's what the house looked like before the drywall.
We think we'll be able to move back sometime late October or early November. Then we'll have a nicer place for my Grandma to sit when she comes to visit.
3 comments:
Your house is looking GREAT! I wish we could have helped you more than we did but were happy to be able to help in some way I guess. Can't wait to see it all come together.
It's looking wonderful...going to be like living in a brand new house!
You are so blessed to have so many family and friends who love and care for you!
Post a Comment