Monday, August 4, 2008

Being Creative

Since I learned that $40 would buy you a yard of fabric called a "Hooter Hider" I have been interested in making my own baby products. A list of ideas has been compiled but I've been to preoccupied to get started. Plus, there's hardly ever any funky fabric in the $1 bins. With Sylvia in bed and a creative bug in me late the other night, I headed to Walmart determined to pick up the supplies needed for some type of craft project. After finding elastic, buttons, and silk flowers this is what I came up with. I will admit that I saw the idea on another blog, but I took it my own direction and really enjoyed the chance to be creative. I've got 5 made now but I'm out of elastic. I'll probably head to a craft store this time around because I wasted approximately 30 minutes in the check-out lane at Walmart.


4 comments:

The Kac's said...

I love your craftiness! I just got the book Crafty Mama by Abby Pecoriello and it has lots of fun projects that real people (no Martha's needed) can do. Your project looks like one in the book. Last week I made Parker some onesies (Beijing Olypmics one and also a Future Linebacker one) using iron on transfers. I bought all the stuff to make a diaperlope and the wipe box cover so I'll be trying that this week...whenever I can find my glue gun. It's around here somewhere...

The Chidisters said...

Way cute! That is such a great idea. Enjoy those cute headbands while they still keep them in their hair!!!

Keri Speidel said...

woman, have I got some fabric for you! Favorite colors? It's funky, you'll like it. You just have to make me something fun :)

Jill Pennington said...

That is so cute! Even Abbie could wear one...poor girl is waiting for more hair!

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop