We took the kids to Coralville for the 4th of July parade. Thanks to Grandpa's tent, we had some shade. The kids got lots of candy and enjoyed seeing all the groups go by.
Enjoying some of their loot.
Looking to see what's coming next in the parade.
Dan often works during the parade but I got him to go along with us this year to help out with the kids. I'm not sure what these two thought of the whole thing.
The kids made these flags to say thank you to a Veteran on the 4th. It was Eric's first time using scissors (with permission) and he picked it up rather quickly. We visited Great Nana and she introduced us to one of her friends who is a Veteran. Sylvia and Eric each gave him a flag and said "thank you."
I had my camera with for the fireworks but we had our hands full and I didn't get any pictures. We set up across the river from where the fireworks are set off in Iowa City. It wasn't quite far enough away for Eric. So, I held him aways back while covering his ears between my chest and hand and feeding him popcorn with my free hand. Sylvia sat in the stroller, plugged her ears and used her tongue to pick up popcorn out of the stroller. Drake seemed to be indifferent about the noise and light. Erickson still says "fireworks loud" when we drive by the place were we sat.
No comments:
Post a Comment