Sunday, November 21, 2010

Family Wedding

We went to the Des Moines area a couple of weeks ago for my cousin Jennifer's wedding. Family from around the Midwest as well as Georgia and Argentina were there. We stayed at the 4H camp in Madrid where the wedding also was. I love spending time with my extended family and I wish we would have had more time to spend together.

Dan, the human basketball hoop. Take a close look at this picture and it will crack you up.
My cousins and I were very close growing up. We always drew names and did a gift exchange when we were kids. In an attempt to keep our families connected, although we don't see each other as often, we have continued to do an exchange with the great grand kids. Here's our attempt at a group picture. I am learning that my daughter does not like group photos.

Eric with the other baby boys, Graham and Raymond. Graham is two months older than Eric and Raymond is a week younger.

Of my Grandma's 14 grandchildren only three of us are girls. Here I am with Jennifer, the bride, and Kristina.My family is following the trend with only 3 of the 9 grandchildren being girls. Here's Sylvia with her girl cousins, Margaret and Katie.
I talked up the wedding to Sylvia so she would be excited about going. She did not do a great job of sitting quietly through the ceremony and I had to rush out a couple of times because she started crying about wanting something. I had to wake her up from a nap to go so she was a little tired. When the ceremony was over she asked, "Is it party time now?" She loved dancing with the girls.
Sylvia was so excited to get to see her cousin, Evan. She followed him around the reception and even got to dance with him.

Sylvia snuggling with Great Nana. I love this picture.

2 comments:

The Kac's said...

What a good Dad Dan is to sacrifice his HEAD to be a human basketball hoop. Hilarious!
Love seeing Sylvia dance and the three boys are very different sizes :) I need to see Raymond and Macy together.

Mom said...

Thanks for all the great pictures at the camp and wedding!!

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop