Thursday, August 12, 2010

Argentina

We gave a Sylvia a world map for her 2nd birthday in November and hung it on the wall at her level. Since then, we've been trying to pray more regularly for our friends who live overseas as well as those who serve within the states. We've also been teaching her the countries where our friends live. Above the map are pictures of our friends.

Tonight, while going to the bathroom, Sylvia tore off a piece of toilet paper and told me, "This looks like Argentina." My aunt and uncle have lived in Argentina for 17 years. I had the opportunity to visit them for a month back in 2002. I came back one month before our wedding.

I'm so glad that Sylvia is beginning to understand that there is a large world out there full of people that God loves.

3 comments:

Mom said...

One very smart granddaughter...not prejudiced at all.

Dan said...

That's totally Vermont.

Andrea G. said...

That is so great! Love it!

I have to say I thought of Vermont immediately too, but I think that comes from being a 4th grade teacher teaching the states and capitals all year long!

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop