Friday, March 16, 2012

Choo, Choo, Eric's Two!

Eric had a couple of friends and their sibling over for a little birthday. Although I love to plan kids parties and activities, I decided it would probably be best if we just got together for a playdate and cake. That ended up being a pretty good plan since everyone seemed to be a little tired that morning. Eric is the only one who wasn't in tears at some point during the "party."

We gave Eric a train for his birthday so I decided a train cake, complete with oreo wheels, would be fitting. This is my favorite birthday cake so far and it was really quite simple to make. Sylvia and Erickson decorated on the wall in the background. Eric was certain that the birthday hat was a piece of pizza.
I attempted to take a picture of Eric with his cake but he couldn't keep his hands off of it. The shirt he is wearing is perfect for this little guy.
Enjoying some cake with our friends Parker, Macy, Isabella and Landon.

Showing his new train to all his friends.

2 comments:

ducky said...

The train cake is great and looks nice and easy.

The Thomsons said...

Hello - I spotted your blog from Amanda Chidister's and was wondering how/what you made your cakes from and then also wondered what you used for wheels. I have a birthday for a 3 yr old boy coming up and that looks like a great idea!

email: ktjill6581@hotmail.com

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop