Thursday, March 1, 2012

escaping the crib / big boy bed

Written on 2/22/12

I've snuck into Sylvia and Eric's room a few times recently. Here's how I found them a few weeks ago. This boy almost always has a foot or arm hanging out of the crib. For a time, he would scoot his head up to the head of the crib so his head was smashed against it each time you laid him down.I love that we still catch her sleeping like this from time to time. Reminds me of when she was a baby.
Eric is a gymnast in his crib. He's often putting his head on the mattress and walking his feet up the sides. Here are his newest moves. He climbs up and sits on the rail and says, "horse." He successfully climbed out of the crib a few weeks ago, so we knew it was time to move him to the big boy bed.
We waited till we were back from a week long trip. I knew I wanted him in the pack 'n play while we were in the Dells. Dan set up the bed while the kids and I were gone, and shortly after returning we moved him over. The first night was difficult. I laid down by him and when I'd go to get up he'd scurry out of bed and make it to the door before me. Bedtime is now going well after only a few days. Naps have been a harder transition. He's been in his bed five days now and three of those days I've been able to lay him down after he's fallen asleep in the car or at lunch. The other two days he's ended up in the closet or partially out of the closet for the sleeping portion of his "nap." Today I found him cleaning his room with wipes when I went to check on him. Must have learned that from big sis.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sylvia's picture reminds me of her mommy.

Sue Downing said...

I enjoyed reading your new posts and seeing all of the pictures. I pasted a few of the pictures into an e-mail for Mom, so she can update her bulletin board.

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop