Monday, September 15, 2008

More Creativity (Nursing Cover)

Last month, I decided it was about time I start being creative again. I made a few headbands for Sylvia. I've been wanting to do some sewing but my machine has been in a box in the garage since we were displaced.

The birth of my friend's daughter motivated me to get going. I took Sylvia to the fabric store yesterday (she was awarded the best baby in the store award by the grandma in line behind us) and picked out some fabric for a nursing cover as well as some D rings and plastic boning. Today, I took a look at my "Hooter Hider" and was able to put this together. It actually turned out very well and only took me a couple of hours...with a 9 month old crawling around investigating my thread and the power cord for the sewing machine.


3 comments:

The Chidisters said...

Very cute! I love the fabric you chose. I actually was thinking of making one of these for when we eventually have another baby. I will have to get in touch with you then about how you did it. How is the house coming along???

The Kac's said...

Wow! Great job! This would be a fantastic shower gift idea. Did you use a pattern?

Cate said...

Hi Laura, I was glad to hear/read from you! :) I love the hooter hider, Noel's cousin had one last time I saw her. I agree, that this would make a great gift idea. Do you have a pattern/measurements, or are you just that crafty?

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop