Sylvia knew long before her birthday that she wanted a carnival party so I got to work planning. Thanks to Oriental Trading Company's previous VBS themes I was able to get a lot of inexpensive decorations. The kids colored bookmarks and completed sticker pages while I did some very simple face painting. Then we headed downstairs for carnival games. We played basket toss, duck pond, sucker pull, frog hopper, can can and ring toss. Each friend got a bag filled with tokens for playing the games and won tickets as they played. When our tokens were gone, we headed upstairs to the carnival store. I think everybody had a fun time all around. Snacks and cake followed the games and then Sylvia opened her presents. We're so thankful for such good friends in her life. We tried to limit our guest list to 6 kids but it was too hard to do. After opening gifts, Sylvia wanted her friends to share a talent if they wanted. She chose to do a headstand. We finished the party off with balloon animals (made ahead of time). One of my new talents as a mommy.
| sucker pull and frog hop |
| duck pond and basket toss |
| friends on the stairs is becoming a tradition |
| I so enjoy our kiddos birthday parties |
| yummy popcorn, licorice, grapes and cake |
| happy 6th birthday Sylvia |
| Sylvia's special talent |
| passing out balloon animals and saying goodbye |
No comments:
Post a Comment