Saturday, July 5, 2008

Apples and Pears

A little over a month ago we attempted to start Sylvia on solids. We started her on vegetables (sweet potato, asparagus, carrots). Some days she'd eat a whole serving (one ice cube's worth) and other days not so much. A few times I'd let her eat food with "handles" so she could feed herself, but this is difficult because it's easy for her to get pieces that are too big. Feeding her never went extremely well, but now Sylvia has now decided that she is not interested in being fed at all. This week I decided to try fruit (apples and pears) since she hasn't been too interested in vegetables. It works pretty well if I skin part of the fruit and then let her gnaw at it. Those two little bottom teeth really seem to help. However, she doesn't like eating apples and pears in purees very much at all. Let her feed herself and she loves it, but fill a spoon with pureed anything and she "spits" it out. I'm not sure if she's just playing or if she's actually trying to get it out of her mouth. The latter seems to be true. I guess we'll keep trying for now.





1 comment:

Jill Pennington said...

I love the video of her eating the apple! It's almost bigger than she is! :) It was great seeing you last night.

First Foods

  • pineapple
  • spinich
  • yogurt
  • cottage cheese
  • chicken
  • turkey
  • cheese
  • pinto beans
  • puffs
  • baby mum mum
  • applesause
  • acorn squash
  • butternut squash
  • zucchini
  • pears
  • black beans
  • yellow squash
  • green beans
  • peas
  • banana
  • carrots
  • sweet potatoes

Sylvia's Nick Names

  • Dilbie
  • Peanut Pie
  • Honey Bee
  • Booger Boo
  • Bumbles
  • Pumpkin
  • Sylvie Bilvie
  • Peanut
  • Ba
  • Button
  • Pork Chop
  • Little Miss Sunshine
  • Toothy
  • Silvie B
  • Scooter
  • Munchkin
  • Baby Girl
  • Missy
  • Fidget
  • Miss Silvie
  • Dramatic Chipmunk
  • Puddin' Pop